Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grinding at School Dances

Last night was homecoming at my school, you see. I didn't have a date. (On a side note of that, my oh-so-caring friends decided to try to convince my best guy friend to ask me. Awkward-ness ensued.) I had to suffer through the scarring images of seeing people grind. I'm talking girl-butt to boy-genitals. Gross, right? I mean, I would at least want to look at the person I'm dancing with. There are several reasons I'm opposed to the grinding.

The attitude of those "grinders" (at least a majority of them) is arrogant. At least those that I've encountered. Excuse me for not wanting to look at you get groped by your not-boyfriend. Excuse me for not wanting to see your panties. Excuse me for having values. But please allow me to enjoy the dance in the way that I want. I didn't shove you out of the grinding pit for being disgusting, so why did you push and say "keep moving" when I just wanted to dance? Ok, I'll admit, I wanted to annoy people a little because I don't care what they think, but come on! Way to be a jerk. I bet your mom is proud.

Tell me you have some self-respect. Tell me you don't want to feel and look like a slut. There are several (maybe three) girls who were grinding with their dates who I truly respect, but I was honestly shocked. I still am! It may be my naivety speaking, but I would feel as if I were sacrificing my virtue if I were dry-humping a guy, as much as I might like him. Not to mention the fact it's like one big, giant, freakin' orgy there! No one cares who they're dancing with, just so long as there a butt rubbing against him. *shudders*

And then there are the couples who even the "grinders" want to tell to get a room! You know that's bad. They're the ones who are all-out making out, fingering each other, and the guy has his hand up the girl's dress. It gets that bad. Yet none of the administrators do anything to enforce their threats.

Now let's get to the lights. My school happened to leave the back half of the gym's lights on in order to discourage inappropriate dancing. Did discourage anything? Of course not! It just ticked everyone off even more. If the administration is going to threaten the students, please go through with it and kick people out. Don't make half attempts that tick off both grinders and non-grinders alike.

I would like for you to tell me. What's so appealing about grinding, to you? I'll listen, I promise. Well, I'll read anyway. To a girl, how do you not find it degrading and offensive? How do you find it enjoyable? And if you're a guy, let me know as well. Although I suppose I can guess how it satisfies you. I just agree more with the adult generation right now. I don't understand my peers and their dancing.

I'm just saying.

1 comment: